• Olympus EVOLT E-410
  • Nikon COOLPIX L20
  • Kingston Compact Flash
  • Imaging Resource
  • Cord Camera Tips
  • NASA Daily Picture
  • Jerusalem Hills Daily Photo
  • Jeddah Daily Photo
  • Around the World
  • Wednesday, July 8, 2009

    Still learning....the moon











    I had a lot of fun adjusting the Olympus and trying capture an interesting picture. Earlier in the day I googled "how to photograph the moon with a digital camera" and a plethora of sites appeared. I felt like Goldie Locks, one site was too technical, another site tried to sell me a book and yet another was for antiquated 35mm cameras. Then I searched in blogs and found enough info to get me through the evening without purchasing an expensive telescope and lens adapter so my camera can capture the mountains, valleys and craters of the moonscape. The one tip I did not heed was having a pad and pencil handy to make note of the different adjustments. Some of the photos could be better or clearer if I knew what mode and ISO settings I had taken them in the first place. Oh well, I'll better prepared on July 22nd.
    ENJOY!
    *Click images to enlarge

    No comments: